Submit Your Work to Creative Kids Magazine!
Would you like to become one of the many CK authors? Follow the guidelines below to submit your work to CK!
Please follow these instructions carefully. The editors will not review or respond to materials that are improperly submitted. Improper submissions will be discarded.
- We are looking for the very best material by students (ages 8–16). Material may include cartoons, songs, stories between 500 and 1200 words, puzzles, photographs, artwork, games, editorials, poetry, and plays, as well as any other creative work that can fit in the pages of the magazine.
- All work must be original. Upon acceptance of a work, we will request that a legal guardian sign our standard contract granting copyright permission. The contract will be mailed with notification of acceptance.
- Work may be submitted by the author, parent, or teacher. Each piece must be labeled with the child’s name, birthday, grade, school, and home address, and must include a cover letter.
- Each entry should be sent in its own envelope via first class mail. Do not send more than one submission in each envelope. Teachers, please do not send more than 3 submissions in each envelope. International students may e-mail us at email@example.com for information about submitting work online.
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for a response. Do not seal the SASE. Submissions without a SASE will not be considered. Submissions will not be returned. Teachers must include an SASE for each submission.
- All submissions must be typed on 8½ x 11-inch white paper. Use only one side of each sheet. Include student’s name at the top of each page.
- Materials submitted should not be under consideration by any other publisher.
- Items should be carefully prepared and proofread. All activities requiring solutions must be accompanied by the correct answers.
- Illustrations, cartoons, comics, and other graphic items should be completed in black ink, felt pens, colored pencils, or paints. If artwork is mounted, it must be on flexible board. Names should be printed on the back of the artwork or photograph—not on the front.
- Keep a copy of any work submitted. When sending artwork, send a color copy of the material. Creative Kids will solicit the original work if it is accepted for publication.
- We only accept gloss-finished photographs (no Polaroids). We also accept digital photographs printed on glossy paper.
- Students submitting accepted material will receive a free copy of the Creative Kids issue in which their work appears. Creative Kids reserves the right to edit submissions.
- Mail all materials to Submissions Editor, Creative Kids, P.O. Box 8813, Waco, Texas 76714-8813. Creative Kids cannot be responsible for losses in the mail or for damage due to faulty packaging. At this time, we can only accept e-mailed materials from international students and teachers who have contacted CK prior to submitting work.
We look forward to seeing your work in print!